Saturday, August 02, 2008

Art has its way with me

Okay. If you haven't read my ADD post, now might be a good time. I don't know what's going on, but the last couple years have blown apart my left brain, leaving it strewn across the landscape like so many abandoned PDAs, and crowned my right brain as Grand Empress of the Skull. I guess this must have something to do with the REPRESSION of creative flow and the sudden release of constraints, but whatever it is, it's damned fun. So far this year I have painted fifteen pictures and in October a friend has generously granted me the opportunity to show at his business what I can do with a tube of acrylic metal paint, wire, and crap I gather from the streets of South Pas. If you thought I was done with you guys, you're wrong. Invitations forthcoming.

Meanwhile, here's ONE direction all this exploding brain matter has taken me.



Now back to the book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it...though you would have to be piccaso to be a better artist than you are an author.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Congrats on the show!

Anonymous said...

WOW. that is such a departure from what I am used to seeing from you. I love it. Your sis.

Kevin Shamel said...

Yeah, that's cool. I wish I could see a bigger shot of it, though.

Is it textured?

Nice work.