Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Boutique Bust

Yes, it was a bust. Very few people showed up and while most bought something, everyone seemed aware of our uncertain economy. Can't say I blame anyone. People may be waiting to shop for the holidays. Although I know a few people who are "done," most of us have decided there is plenty of time to make that list and check it twice.

That said, I am please with the jewelry I made this year and pleased at how I was able to focus my mind and time on the task. Though I struggled a little when I first sat down in the garage and flipped on my OTT light, by the second day I was in a groove. This tells me that while I am easily distracted, I can still focus when it matters. That's good news for my writing.

My goals for the next six months concern my novel. I wanted to finish it this year, but obviously that isn't going to happen. However, I've painted now for a while and created some nice jewelry, those creative urges quelled, and it's time to get back to the solid pleasure of putting one word after another, building sentences, and playing with the lives of my imaginary people.

I am blessed. There is nothing else to say but that. My son, Nick and his new bride, Mysti, had a wonderful and fun wedding, my husband is getting close to retiring (I've started the honey-do list), Hill is happily ensconced on her mountain with good friends, and Cinder is still wobbling around. And I have my writing.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the bust, but keep up the good work. You've still got your fans, even on the East Coast!

P.S. Great picture of you and Daddio.

Jane said...

I was just wondering about Cinder yesterday. Get back to writing! Your jewelry is beautiful, but so is the way you string words and phrases.

Sarah Hilary said...

Selfishly I cannot wait for more of your writing. It is a shame the boutique was hit by the economic uncertainty but that doesn't diminish your talent or, as you say, your pleasure in creating the pieces. I love the photo of you two. I've never heard of a "honey-do" list before - please elaborate!

Anonymous said...

A wise man once said "failure is this sandwhich!"

actually tah twas me five minutes ago after failing to make a sandwhich

anyhow where was i.

erm.

yeah

Sylvia said...

Sorry to hear that the show at boutique didn't live up to your expectations - as you say, the economic climate has a lot to do with that.

The necklace that you are wearing is gorgeous! I hope that's one of your designs.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely picture! :-)