Flash Fiction Chronicles is having its very first contest for the best 250-word story written from the String of 10* ( words and phrases) posted below.
1st Place Winner will have his or her story published at Every Day Fiction in October and be paid the standard payment of $3.00 per story. A copy of The Best of Every Day Fiction, 2008 will also be awarded to the winner as well as an "I Write Every Day" t-shirt (see post before this one).
2nd and 3rd Place Winners will have their stories published at Flash Fiction Chronicles in October. There is no payment for publication at Flash Fiction Chronicles. A copy of The Best of Every Day Fiction, 2008 will also be awarded to both 2nd and 3rd place winners.
- Read the contest's String of 10 Writing Prompt posted below*, on the FFC Daily Prompt Page, or at Gay Degani's Author Thread at Every Day Fiction.
- The contest is open to stories of up to 250 words. Entries over the word limitation will be disregarded. There is no entry fee.
- Submit via email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. All entries must be copy and pasted into the body of the email. No attachments will be opened.
- You may enter as many 3 separate and different stories up to 250-words each. All three must contain at least four words from the String of 10. Any stories without at least four words from the string of 10 will be disregarded.
- All entries must be in English, original, unpublished, and not submitted or accepted elsewhere at the time of submission. Flash Fiction Chronicles/Every Day Fiction/Every Day Publishing reserves one-time publication rights to the 1st- through-3rd winning entries to be published at Every Day Fiction and Flash Fiction Chronicles.
- Entries must be received via email by Midnight PDT Tuesday, August 18, 2009. Winners will be notified by September 20. Publication will follow in October.
Keep in mind: What matters most is your story, not the prompt words or quotation. However at least four words from the prompt must be used.
STRING OF TEN: BLOW BACK-STORM-JAUNDICE-STEAM-TATTOO-SENSE OF FUN-CANTALOUPE-STREAKED-UMBER-DRIPPING SWEAT
And when is there time to remember, to sift, to weigh, to estimate, to total? --Tillie Olsen