Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New Fiction and Non-Fiction Up

My story, "Socks," is up at Metazen this month and I also have a piece on craft up at Flash Fiction Chronicles called Using Essay Techniques in Fiction.

I'm back from much traveling about and anxious to get into the groove of writing everyday. After a wonderful experience at Tin House, I have several stories and my novel that I want to complete and have some new approaches to try.
Steve Almond
was a terrific help to all of us who were part of his class in July. I urge those who need an emersion experience to consider attending the Tin House Writing Workshop next year. Three lectures a day, workshop time, and readings every nice can rev up anyone's motor--and commitment. Now go out and read Steve's book, Rock and Roll Will Save Your Life: A Book by and for the Fanatics Among Us.

1 comment:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

Congrats, Gay! And I'm so glad you had such a great time at Tin House.

I sent a blogging award your way! Check out my blog for more details. :)