Wednesday, July 22, 2009

EDF's BEST Nomination time is here!

Me in the corner, jumping up and down: Pick me, pick me!!!

One of my biggest thrills of 2008 was to learn my three eligible stories published at Every Day Fiction would find their way into the EDF Anthology, The Best of Every Day Fiction, 2008.

It's that time of year again. I have two stories this go round because for the first part of the year I worked as a slush reader at EDF and could not submit. Those stories are Stranger on the Porch and The London Eye, two very different pieces of flash.

Part of the selection process for The Best of EDF includes the ratings created by readers' votes using a 1-5 star system. (This process of rating is very simple. If you like the story a lot, just click the fifth star once. If you liked it but have reservations, click the fourth star) A second consideration is to nominate or mention a piece you feel belongs in the anthology on EDF's forum thread for anthology nominations.

If you have time, I would be flattered and grateful if you would do either (read and star-rate or nominate at the forum) or both . And only, of course, if you like the stories.

My eligible stories can be found at these links:

Stranger on the Porch

The London Eye

Click on this LINK to find the page where you can nominate one or both of my stories for inclusion in the Anthology and or the above story links if you want to star-rate.

While you are visiting EDF, you might consider reading and rating stories by my writing buddy, Sarah Hilary: The View from Olympus, Kanti chooses Santa, Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Revenge of the River Gods.

Thanks for putting up with this blatant appeal. I'm getting too old these days, however, to sit around and hope something will happen.

3 comments:

Helen Ginger said...

I liked them both! Now, I'm going to click and go nominate. Stranger on the Porch was my favorite.

Helen
Straight From Hel

Sarah Hilary said...

Both stories deserve a place in the Antho, Gay. Great writing, great contrast between the pieces - perfect example of the eclectic appeal of EDF.

Sylvia said...

Quite honestly, the repeated use of the 5-star system after assurances that it doesn't matter and mass fiddling with the system shouldn't matter has largely put me off of submitting to the EDF site.

I've long since voted on both these stories, of course, and I wish you the best of luck!