Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Wounded Moon"

Just read a review of Tim Johnston's Short Story America Anthology--a very nice one BTW--and was thrilled to see the main character of my story "Wounded Moon" mentioned!  So thrilling to me so I had to share.

"Days laters, I’m still thinking about Mason, the shattered survivor in “Wounded Moon,” by Gay Degani. And Elaine, the disoriented middle-aged mother who sees her former self in her son’s rebellious girlfriend (“This Is Not My Beautiful Life,” by Ted McLoof). I’m haunted by the old woman, Irene, slowly slipping down the dark hallway of Alzheimer’s – where the same memory keeps changing shape (“Disengaged” by Jen Knox) – and the old man, Fergus, whose spite-filled fantasies keep him alive (“Fergus” by Laury A. Egan)."
--Margaret Evans, editor of the Low Country Weekly

Here's the link:  A Comeback Story 

No comments: